Comcast Senior Director, Labor Relations in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Senior Director, Labor Relations
The Senior Director of Labor Relations will be responsible for designing and executing the Company's labor relations strategy, including training and communications. This individual will advise business and HR leaders on the employee experience impact of strategic and operational decisions. In partnership with key stakeholders, this person will develop and recommend strategies and programs to facilitate a positive employee experience and to avoid and/or mitigate labor disputes. He or she will assist with the negotiation of and administration of collective bargaining agreements to ensure they are in alignment with the Company's objectives and legal obligations.
- Partners with HR and business leaders to develop proactive and positive labor relations strategies and initiatives that drive business objectives and improve the employee experience.
- Develops strategy, statistics, survey data, and Company position statements for union negotiation preparation and assists in negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Counsels and trains managers, supervisors, and HR on labor relations issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with labor organizations that represent employees.
- Anticipates and influences operational decisions that potentially impact the employee experience or could increase likelihood of labor disruption.
- Manages complex grievances between employees/union and the Company and assists in other aspects of contract administration.
- Ensures compliance with labor policies, rules, regulations, and laws; stays current on legal, regulatory, and policy developments affecting areas of responsibility and communicates effectively with all involved parties.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 7-10 years of relevant labor relations experience
- Experience managing labor relations (including negotiating and administering collective bargaining agreements and participating in union organizing campaigns) and developing employee engagement strategies at employers with large multi-functional and geographically diverse frontline employee populations
- Demonstrated ability to partner and influence business and HR leaders in large corporate matrixed environments
- Expertise in labor law
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to varied audiences, including executives, local management, and front-line employees
- Ability to travel as needed
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer