Comcast Manager 1, Finance, Business Operations in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Business Operations team plays a critical role in defining and driving operational, organizational, and strategic improvements across the company. Our goal is to enable the company to scale operations to support our revenue and employee growth. We work closely with the executive leadership team to identify strategic and operational challenges across the company. Our dynamic work environment encourages and rewards innovators who bring outside-the-box thinking and leadership skills.
The Business Operation Finance Manager plays a lead role in driving execution of company goals leading the Operations Assurance Team and working collaboratively with various cross-functional departments. This highly visible role is responsible for Headcount planning, budgeting and forecasting, P&L management, financial reporting, accounting controls, and people management. Our ideal candidate will have a strong spirit of innovation and experience at a fast-growing technology company. Using your deep Excel skills to define problems, build models, and develop strong recommendations should be exciting to you. You will roll-up your sleeves, dig into a variety of data sources, perform analyses, help drive project implementation, and track your projects' impact. You will be a data-loving member of the Business Operations team and serve as an analytics expert for our projects and deliver tangible impact. You will weave stories with meaningful insight from data to improve problem solving for operational transformation and other strategic projects. Responsible for providing financial and operational analysis to senior management in support of business unit decision-making, looking for risks and opportunities. Manages accounting transactions and maintains books of accounts, ensuring that all financial data is recorded within generally accepted accounting principles consistent with Company policies.
- Partners with senior management to support business planning and operational processes throughout the year.
- Lead the annual budget and Long Range Plan processes, including explanation of trends, causes-of-change, and risks/opportunities.
- Manages accounting transactions and maintains books of accounts, ensuring that all financial data is recorded within generally accepted accounting principles consistent with Company policies.
- Drives the month end close and forecast process. Review budget and forecast variances and work with business partners and cross-functional teams to understand short and long term impacts as well as develop new methodologies to improve forecast accuracy.
- Analyzes financial and operational data/performance metrics, communicates findings and risks, and makes suggestions to improve processes.
- Develops key "dashboard" performance indicators that promote awareness and generate improvement actions.
- Assesses and develops tools to automate and streamline processes to gain greater efficiency across the operation.
- Collaborates with senior management and cross-functional teams to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives via ad-hoc analyses, complex financial modeling of proposed operational programs and business cases to assess the financial viability and associated risks, and develop recommended actions.
- Supports business unit management and other departments with informational requests and special projects.
- Possesses understanding of Company policies and procedures and continually implements and reviews policies and procedures for consistency.
Trains, supervises, and develops Finance staff. Manages the day-to-day performance of the Finance team and makes suggestions to upper management for work performance improvement.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Strong analytical skills to organize, synthesize and interpret unstructured and complex business data.
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills to solve complex cross-functional issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to tell compelling stories and explain complex issues in simple ways
- Ability to build executive level relationships
- Leading / influencing cross-functional teams
- Program / project management and execution
- Sound business judgment
-Bachelor's Degree, MBA is preferred
Field of Study:
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer