Comcast Human Resources Operations Manager in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Manager of HR Operations supports the Comcast California Region by identifying business trends and providing recommendations to the HR and the Senior Leadership teams. This person helps develop processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies. This person can also convey complicated data in to clear and concise terms to be communicated at various levels and functions within the business. The ideal candidate will be proficient in HRIS and HR analytics, is able to manage multifunction projects and prioritize business requests and can consistently demonstrate strong project management skills.
Captures and conducts data analysis of HR and employee data, business trends and results.
- Leads cross functional teams and projects related to HR initiatives.
- Present HR data and analysis to the senior leadership team, HR Leadership and to all business units as required.
- Conducts appropriate analysis and reconciles findings with business requirement specifications, designs, and plans.
- Recommends and implements workflow processes to Human Resources Partners as needed. Acts as an HRIS Subject Matter Expert for Human Resources Business Partners.
- Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies.
- Supports local, Division and Corporate projects and initiatives.
- Supports performance management process and talent management process.
- Reviews and updates Training Strategy to meet region specific needs.
- Assists the Human Resources department with technical training of information systems.
- Assists in development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Counsels, orientates, and trains managers and supervisors on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources policies. Administers Human Resources policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees.
- Oversees, handles, and manages employee relations issues. Assists with employee counseling, discipline, and grievance handling.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to maintain efficient and effective services.
- Manages direct reports. Ensures compliance with state, local, and federal guidelines and policies to protect the business and its employees.
- Partners with management to ensure strategic HR goals, policies, and programs are aligned with business initiatives.
- Administers compensation programs and assists in job analysis, job evaluation, and performance management to ensure compliance with division guidelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Advanced Excel experience
- Mid-large HRIS/ERP preferred; SAP desired
- Strong Project Management and presentation skills
- PHR or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of California compliance
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer