Comcast Executive Assistant in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The administrative Assistant will provide Admin support to the VP of HR and VP of External Affairs & Communication. Primary responsibilities will include the coordination of calendars using MS Outlook, travel arrangements, internal and external Comcast meetings and events. The ideal candidate will demonstrate discretion and confidentiality, a passion for customer service to both internal staff and external customers, and can appropriately and professionally represent Comcast and the department he/she supports. This person will have a demonstrated ability to work effectively, collaboratively and harmoniously with other peers in the function. This role will require expertise in adaptability and prioritization of ever-changing tasks and requests, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and proficiency in PowerPoint and MS Office. This roles critical in the helping make Comcast a great place to work.
- Draft/Edit internal communications on behalf of the leadership team or department.
- Communicates and coordinates with other senior executives, their admins and their staff to coordinate calendars, events, travel and other action items, both in the region and across the company.
Manage executive calendars, review daily and prioritize meetings
- Schedule & facilitate set up of teleconference meetings using Cisco systems, plan off-site events, and book special events for leadership
- Plan and coordinate NEO; including sending communication, ordering lunches, equipment set up
- Cover receptionist desk as needed
- Order equipment, office supplies and manage distribution of mail
- Update documents/contact and emergency list
- Assist with set up/cleanup of conference rooms after meetings as needed
- Set up new employees in the department
Screens telephone calls, visitors, and letters; answers routine questions and furnishes information.
- Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of internal meetings and presentations; gathers and prepares necessary materials and/or equipment.
- Assures the planning and coordination of the executive's calendar of events; schedules appointments and prepares detailed itineraries, complete with travel accommodations, etc.
Assures the maintenance of travel and expense account and records, including form preparation and figure reconciliation.
- Displays a strong knowledge of desktop tools such as the Microsoft Suite of Office products and electronic mail systems.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Advanced MS office experience required.
- 2 years of administrative support in a corporate environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer