Comcast Community Impact External Engagement Manager in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Be a part of a leading media and technology company's community impact team in one of its largest marketCalifornia. The manager is responsible for implementing policies and programs which promote the Company's standing in the community. Develops and maintains strong business relationships ensuring a successful corporate/community partnership. Represents the organization at community gatherings and/or forums. Supports the integrated business practices and planning efforts for civic engagement, philanthropy, and corporate responsibility investment and reporting; manages and creates relationships with leading corporations, civic engagement and service organizations. Manages a team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as Subject Matter Expert and provides guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies. Assists in development and meeting of departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our Communities
- Creates and executes innovative comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs and/or initiatives that result in measurable outcomes.
-Manages California Region's foundation grants and grantees.
-Develops a robust grantee program to engage grantees in Company community impact initiatives and programs.
-Creates and executes innovative and unique signature programs that position Company as a leader in social impact.
- Writes/edits significant internal and external communications pieces including executive-level speeches, talking points, articles, reports, briefing documents and materials.
-Project manages executive leadership tours and events.
-Produces community impact campaign/initiatives with measurable outcomes.
-Promotes community investment and impact to external audiences.
-Develops strategic approach to community impact and investment that is mutually beneficial for all parties involved.
-Partners with cross-functional teams to engage departments in community impact programs and initiatives.
-Develops, manages, and staffs community events throughout the region.
- Identifies and coordinates community events, contributions, and sponsorships designed to support business objectives and public and policy initiatives as designated by the company.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with other corporations to enhance viable community programs.
- Maintains a close relationship with key people in community groups.
- Analyzes the needs of the residents of the community as well as plans and implements ways and means in which the company and its employees may become more involved and more effective in meeting those needs.
- Communicates to the company's entities the strategic direction of community investment programs, events, and activities.
- Interfaces with non-profit organizations applying for corporate support or foundation grants to classify program purpose, set measurable goals and budget, and identify public recognition opportunities.
- Assists with details and logistics for community and cause marketing special events; develops strategies to generate media coverage.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Proven ability to attain measurable results for corporate social responsibility/community impact program
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Ability to generate results in fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
-Willingness to travel
-Must be flexible and adaptable to evolving priorities, teams and work environments
-Willingness to work with a variety of teams with diverse skillsets and priorities
-Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- Communications / Public Relations
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 8-10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer