Comcast Director, Community Investments in Houston, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for designing and implementing strategic plans, leveraging resources of all company-wide entities, and ensuring consistency with business objectives. Develops and promotes corporate community image, builds and promotes cable community image, and creates an overarching community investment plan. Cooperates with key company stakeholders in the division and in the field. Directs multiple projects with strong follow-through. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
-Direct the Comcast Houston Region’s Community Impact strategy. Implement tactics that promote the Comcast brand as a strong community partner throughout the region.
- Evaluates proposals, recommends grant recipients to the board of the foundation, disburses grant funds and Evaluates results. Works closely with non-profit organizations and community groups and communicates foundation guidelines to relevant public.
- Develops and maintains positive media relationships, generating community investments in both foundation and community programs.
- Develops image advertising; works with internal and external creative/graphic design team on images to be used company-wide reflecting community focus, consistent with business philosophy.
- Evaluates and selects cause marketing sponsorships, including events for corporate and cable that increase brand awareness.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with community partners to ensure effectively reaching mutual goals and objectives.
- Develops and drives cable division community image strategic programs, including helping to coordinate special events, targeting organizations for foundation grants and charitable contributions, and cause marketing sponsorships.
- Develops speeches and speaking points for community events/conferences representing Company corporation and cable division; positions the organization as a good corporate citizen.
- Responds and reacts to media inquiries. Develops media relationships.
- Performs duties such as servers on political action committees performing solicitations, disbursements, and reporting.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field Of Study:
-Communications, Public Relations
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Must be available to attend evening and weekend community events.
- Moderate travel required for meetings and conferences as well as local external meetings within the region.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer