Comcast Network Engineer in Hamilton, Ohio
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for designing, implementing and managing the use ofComcast's National Converged IP Network. Designs and develops updatednetwork infrastructure in support of one or more business needs. Ensuresa balance between tactical and strategic network technology designsolutions and considers end-to-end business problems within and outsidethe enterprise. Develops and produces converged network best practicesand ensures architectural guidelines are utilized. Acts as a keycontributor in a large complex environment. Determines and pursuescourse of action necessary to achieve results. Frequently leads teams onspecific projects providing broad direction and expertise. Usuallydetermines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues withless experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for howyou do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put ourcustomers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of ourgame-changing technology, products and services, especially our digitaltools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and beingopen to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working thatbrings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joininghuddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to dobetter for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and ourcommunities
- Provides configurations and technical leadership as a primarytechnical resource on Internet Protocol (IP) router network technologies(BGP, OSPF, ISIS), traffic flows and overall end to end networkcommunication.
- Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in networkdesign and IP services for network optimization and produces fundamentaland detailed designs for implementation.
- Analyzes traffic engineering data to forecast network capacityrequirements for efficient network designs and overall cost reductions.
- Performs technical training for regional engineers andoperations/engineering (XNOC) groups on current and future technology.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for IP networks and providestechnical direction for network problems.
- Maintains the configuration and supports the engineering design lifecycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designsadhere to network standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- CCNP required, F5-SEL/SEG preferred, Perl, Python UNIX Scriptinglanguages a plus
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer