Comcast Eng 1, Service Assurance (Managed Svcs) Junior Telecom Netowrk Engineer in Hamilton, Ohio
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the remote installation, configuration, and testing of managed services equipment for new customers, and replacement equipment for existing customers. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Works under general supervision and may require training and detailed instructions for assigned tasks.
- Perform configuration, turn-up, and testing of managed services equipment for day 1 customer installations and day 2 support of existing
- Work with off-net providers to troubleshoot connectivity issues with circuits or vendor supplied Customer Premises Equipment (CPE).
- Use various software systems and applications to effectively troubleshoot issues and equipment relating to underlying network connectivity, as well as to identify configuration and other related issues with managed services equipment.
- Train and mentor supported teams.
- Collaborate with and foster relationships with internal and external customers.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- CCENT or other entry level industry certification
- 2 years of related Telecom Network support experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer