Comcast Regional Director, Advertising Research - Denver in Englewood, Colorado
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
In today's world of constant media consumption, reaching consumers with quality, impactful advertising is more important than ever. At the center of that consumption is Spotlight the ad sales arm of Comcast that provides premium (digital) video advertising to clients of all shapes and sizes. We sit at a unique focal point of cross-platform consumption with a treasure trove of data and a cache of premium inventory. But, as they say, the proof lies in the pudding.
The Director will partners with multiple teams of advertising sales and research professionals to compile and translate market research into insightful, compelling sales stories that strategically position the value of Comcast Spotlight's suite of marketing solutions. He/she will have the ability to translate complex findings into simple reports and presentations and understands advertising research data, standards, and practices. This person must be engaging, passionate and able to drive vision steeped in data to the marketplace. If you are the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Comcast may be the place for you.
Oversees, develops and engages the Research Leads across the Comcast Spotlight footprint, demonstrating strong leadership to coach and stretch current team as we build towards an Audience and Attribution based world
Build relationships and engage with internal and external stakeholders from a cross-function of discipline and business units to collaboratively work toward success. Communicate (up, down, side-ways) with leaders, team members, peers and colleagues.
Provide clear POVs Communicate to clients, live, with presence and authority. Make data concepts simple. Be alert to client needs and trends that can enhance Spotlight's value proposition, and surface those internally, with passion.
Responsible for managing, gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information about a product or service to be offered in a market. Oversees and engages research and sales teams in the competitive characteristics of the business's target market and industry.
Leads, coaches and motivates research team members on projects that compile, analyze and interpret data. Develops team members to translate research findings into concise and effective customized presentations and marketing pieces for key clients.
Identifies training needs in markets for research related products and resources and works with research team to facilitate.
Receive guidance and training on Product/Solution/Category/Multiscreen initiatives and lead team to roll out to Sales, support campaigns, provide feedback to Corporate
Proactively introduce Spotlight Thought Leadership to major agencies and clients, and act as primary resource for key agency relationships; provide market feedback to Corporate
Proficient in multiple data resources and methodology in LPM markets, as well as NDM, Fusion, and Diary market methodologies
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and maintains high level of professionalism that ensures superior customer service in both written and verbal interactions.
- Encourages and leads change with curiosity, open-mindedness and ownership that helps develop support for changes.
- Aligns team and self to Spotlight's vision through understanding and articulating the strategic vision with the Research team members. Pursues opportunities that have the biggest impact, wisely investing time and resources
- Proactively identifies and anticipates customer needs/ expectations, and builds proposed solutions.
- Demonstrates resilience and composure in the face of setbacks, and seeks out and uses feedback to improve performance of self, team, and impact of work.
- Actively promotes a culture of respect that values individual differences and diversity.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity of the sales function, industry trends and utilizes the information to identify simplified narratives for key clients.
- Seeks feedback to anticipate business or Research team needs and escalates solutions/feedback to Research leadership.
- Demonstrates leadership and influence when partnering with sales team members, clients, and key stakeholders. Builds expectations for team members to also demonstrate presence and influence.
- Experienced in data analytics for advanced advertising methods and attribution modeling, and is able to provide expertise and guidance to sales teams, agencies and clients to identify appropriate audience targeting and illustrate multi-platform campaign effectiveness.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Regular Travel required to sales offices
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint).
- Solid experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore, Strata View, etc.) and syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.)
- Deep understanding of media measurement, research and local advertising marketplace.
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
- Curiosity and deep desire to learn.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer