Comcast Portfolio Manager 1 in Englewood, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The successful candidate is a thought-leader with a mastery of Program Management skills. Proven ability to understand an organization's strategic plan and help guide the successful delivery of projects within their Portfolio, longer-term improvements, and benefits in support of the organization's goals, and leads and guides junior members of the organization.
This position will be managing a portfolio of projects run by Scrum Masters embedded within the dx team and partnering with Senior Leadership to ensure project delivery effectiveness, ongoing process improvements and implementation of best practices. You must have a proven track record in delivery execution under aggressive schedule demands, variety of development methodologies, competing priorities, and have strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills. Experience in a data warehousing environment is a plus.
- Responsible for leading a team of Portfolio Scrum Masters and/or Program Managers to ensure adherence to established Agile processes.
- Clear and concise communicator within the organization including Senior Leadership and external Business Partners as needed.
- Ability to request new resource and conduct/facilitate interviews for Scrum Master candidates.
- Set goals and provide mid and year end reviews of all Full Time Scrum Masters.
- Meet with and coach a team of contract and Full Time Scrum Masters.
- Act as an escalation point for Scrum Masters and Senior Leadership.
- Presence and strong communication ability to provide regular portfolio updates to the senior leadership team.
- Analyzes areas of risk and trigger events and initiates corrective actions.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- MS Project, Excel, & PowerPoint guru
- 8 years of experience in Technical Program Management with at least 3 years focus in Agile methodology
- 2 years people management experience
- Occasional travel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer