Comcast Solutions Project Manager in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Solutions Project Manager position will lead and manage customer engagements with the goal of both maximizing the efficient use of resources and client satisfaction.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Responsibilities include full lifecycle project management, understanding the basic solution architecture and managing the requirements and driving the integration and production deployment.You will be engaged in top-level involvement with our client base that includes the largest cable companies, service and content providers.
The right candidate must be passionate about customer satisfaction and understand how to balance customer needs with the needs of CTS and its resources. You will be able to clearly articulate client needs internally, and represent the company professionally externally. You will be responsible for the smooth and effective development and deployment of multiple concurrent, complex software projects to a diverse client base.
This role will provide top-notch customer service, project management, requirements assessment, vendor management and installation/deployment services to ensure customer solution delivery success.
- Develop full project plans to implement the solution, including identifying resource requirements.
- Create and execute implementation plans in conjunction with the customer.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project with other teams, such as Solutions Engineering, Field Engineering, Quality Assurance, Support, as well as business owners and management.
- Anticipate and communicate project risks, resolve issues, consistently meet deadlines and achieve 100% client satisfaction.
- Track and manage projects through closure and follow-up to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Business and technical requirements
- Explore and assess customer requirements for completeness and accuracy and determine if requirements are met by the current functionality.
- Work with requirement providers to close issues and gaps and design/implement custom solutions when needed.
- Develop statements of work that include the solution overview and detailed deliverables.
- Play an active, leading role in providing product feature/functionality feedback to Product Management and Engineering.
Integration and interfaces with vendor components
- Manage relationships and integration efforts with other vendors in order to build and deliver an automated and standard solution to the customer.
Installation, testing, acceptance and deployment
- Work closely with the customer during the deployment and testing phases to achieve successful acceptance testing.
- Ensure that the overall CTS solution meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to ensure definition and delivery of the solution meets or exceeds their requirements.
- Minimum 2-5 years managing customer deployment and/or professional services engagements in a consultative model, preferably in the cable industry.
- Ability to lead simultaneous initiatives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Multi-task oriented with desire to work in a fast paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and writing skills; process oriented
- Strong, proactive leadership skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Experience in dealing with senior management in a technical environment
- Proven experience leading clients and engagement teams through complex solution implementations
- Experience in project and portfolio management.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer