Comcast Senior Manager, Enterprise Data & Analytics - VADER in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology. Product. Xperience. organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Team leadership, data analysis, data modeling, and core ETL skills combined with the demands of a high volume, highly-visible analytics platform make this an exciting challenge for the right candidate.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
As a senior member of the Video Insights and Analysis team (VIA), you will employ your broad set of skills to drive the technical strategy and implementation processes by which our team of analysts and data scientists deliver insights to our stakeholders. Your teammates are a small and fast-moving group of analysts, scientists, and engineers who are innovating to support the end-to-end analysis of our IP video pipeline. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
Your primary role is to drive the strategy and implementation processes by which our team of data analysts and data scientists deliver insights to our stakeholders. You'll have commercial tools, open source technologies, the suite of AWS analytics services, a massive data lake, and a high-performance streaming data platform at your disposal. In addition to this toolkit, you'll have the advantage of a tight partnership with a very mature data engineering team. You'll then be expected to:
- Influence and aggressively drive Video's analytics strategy
- Work with VIA data engineering to design and build tools that accelerate a team of data analysts and data scientists
- Coach and mentor a team of data analysts and data scientists as they partner with stakeholders across the Video organization
- Optimize data acquisition, storage, analysis, and reporting by recommending the best tool for the job
- Monitor data for quality to ensure that our platform remains the best possible source of data for making business & engineering decisions
- Work with data providers to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve sources of data inaccuracy
- Work with domain experts and data analysts to design data models, and to understand the general reporting/analysis requirements associated with them
Where can you make an impact?
We are shaping the future of IP Video at Comcast by delivering engineering and business insights to stakeholders across multiple organizations.
Here are some of the specific technologies we use:
- Apache Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hadoop
- AWS analytics services (Kinesis, S3, EMR, Redshift, DynamoDB)
- Databricks Analytics Platform
Skills & Requirements
- Strong leadership abilities demonstrated over the course of several years while leading a team of high performers
- 7 years of relevant software development, data engineering, or data analysis experience
- Experience with AWS services (EMR, Kinesis, S3, redshift, EC2)
- Experience with Apache Spark, Kafka, and Hadoop
- Experience with Presto query engine
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools (Tableau, Elasticsearch/Kibana, Splunk, Quicksight, Looker)
- Experience with both SQL and NoSql database technologies
- Experience with extract, transform and load (ETL) processing in a data warehouse environment
- Good communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Analytical rigor-you're disciplined in your approach to problem solving
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
Great to have
- Statistical analysis skills
- Experience with IP Video technologies
- Experience improving the reliability of distributed systems
Comcast VIA, Quantum, and VADER (VIDEO Acquisition Deployment Engineering & Research)
The Video Insights and Analysis (VIA) team's charter spans the analytics value chain and includes the data engineering, data science, and software engineering required to deliver insights to our teammates. Quantum team members are focused on the data engineering aspects. We're part of the VADER Organization, a department within Comcast's VIDEO division which supports on-demand video and live TV streams delivery activities including signal acquisition, deployment, site reliability engineering, and content management both on legacy QAM and IP video stream pipelines.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer