Comcast Program Manager, Program Management in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for utilizing advanced program management skills and
knowledge to follow the organization's strategic plan and lead the
large-to-medium and/or moderately complex programs spanning multiple
organizations. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements, and benefits
in support of the organization goals. Mentors junior members of the
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business
requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning
- Identifies, confirms, and obtains participation from required
cross-functional teams. Works with the other team members and Strategic
Business Initiative to do this effectively.
- Builds program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core
team to identify and schedule all the work for end-to-end deployment
required to fulfill program scope. Identifies and manages program
critical path, being mindful of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of key goals,
objectives, and success criteria for the program with key stakeholders
and core team. Works with resource leadership to obtain and assign
resources to the program plan within the Clarity record.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting process.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and
managing critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency plans
and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation
corrective actions. Escalates early to SBI to determine when to engage
- Works with leadership and core team members to help identify and
assist in making program tradeoffs to balance scope, time, and costs.
Ensures proper documentation.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and upstream and downstream
dependencies. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes
adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Works with Strategic
Business Initiative to assist in action item resolution and track
completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures
overall committed timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in
scope, approach, and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestomes and keeps all stakeholders
informed of progress and issues. Identifies and manages proposed changes
to program parameters and works with Enterprise Program Management and
Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communciations are
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Works with core
team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule,
strategies, and tools to support the implementation of programs in the
field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Engineering
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer