Comcast Director, Business Operations in Denver, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing the activities for the Business Operations (Finance) department. Ensures that financial and customer service standards are achieved. Oversees the financial management of the region's P&L budget, Financial Analysts, Courtesy Team, Ops Assurance, Cash, and other finance support functions. Provides leadership and direction for a team which includes multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). Responsible for leading and coordinating budget and financial processes.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Responsible for developing strategic priorities within the Finance business operations organization; finance, courtesy team, ops assurance, cash, AP, and support functions.
- Maintains operational financial focus and engages where necessary to drive operational efficiency across multiple business units.
- Responsible for oversight, maintenance and management of internal control environment within the finance support organization.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with other business units and is able to influence positive business outcomes.
- Maintenance, care and development of an employee culture focused on customer service and inclusion.
- Partners with other finance department teams to support financial P&L results.
- Focuses energy and time in business critical initiatives in support of the region.
- Will be responsible for oversight or project management for business initiatives.
- Evaluates actual results against expected performance and communicates areas for improvement.
- Establishes, evaluates, and implements performance metrics for functions supervised. Measures and analyzes actual performance and makes recommendations for improving profitability where needed.
- Reviews and analyzes forecasts and recommends changes when appropriate. Updates forecasts for both current performance and new development to provide management with a current perspective of the business.
- Directs training and education to Managers on metrics and tools to improve financial performance.
- Collaborates with cross functional groups to propose and manage creative solutions for improving coordination, collaboration, and communication. Forecasts, maintains, and secures appropriate company assets.
- Coordinates and drives cross functional initiatives, proactively identifying dependencies and driving issues to resolution. Oversees expense budgets for unit.
- Collaborates with other operational departments such as tech ops, construction, business services to ensure resources are available to support their daily needs and special projects.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, coaches, and counsels staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 10 years' related experience
- Knowledge/Experience with financial tools; Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Products, SQL and other reporting tools.
- Specific experience related to Capital management in a telecommunications setting.
- Familiarity with GAAP and internal control environments.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer