Comcast Software Automation Test Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
Software Automation Test Engineer
FreeWheel MVPD follows an Agile Scrum methodology with quality assurance analysts and automation test engineers working side-by-side other Scrum roles and team members to deliver high value product features in a timely manner.
Software Automation Test Engineer is expected to spend time for defined tasks as below:
- Develop effective, reusable and maintainable automated functional test framework and test cases to achieve maximum code coverage in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Design, develop, execute automation scripts using Smart Bear Test Complete (preferred) tool and analyze automation test results.
- Integrate tests into the make/build process for continuous integration efficiency gains using frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Ensure that Automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms.
- Perform manual testing of test cases as and when needed.
- Reviews automated tests and provide suggestions to improve the quality of the test.
- Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks.
- Hands-on experience with test management tools such as Test Rail or HP ALM is preferred.
- Experience with database development concepts, especially Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ensure test automation design is traceable to requirements or existing manual test cases and achieves a high level of requirement/test execution coverage.
- Assist other quality assurance analysts/engineers in writing effective tests.
- Identify and implement continual improvement initiatives to help clients improve overall quality.
Job Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's)
Candidate is expected to have the following knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Strong knowledge of automated test methodologies is essential, including automated test script development, automated test tool/utility development, and participation in establishment of an automated testing framework.
- Interact with product management, project management and engineering teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and product testing objectives.
- Strong experience developing automation frameworks with Test Complete.
- Strong knowledge of multiple software development methodologies including Agile.
- Expertise in defect tracking tools such as Atlassian JIRA, ALM.
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices.
- Client/Server and Web/Internet application testing experience.
- Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using Jenkins, SVN/GIT or equivalent tools.
- Product testing experience is a plus.
- Java scripting experience is a plus.
- Willingness to execute both manual and automated tests as needed in addition to development responsibilities.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
This is a full-time position (weekly 40-45 hours) based at the FreeWheel office located at 33 West Monroe, Chicago, IL. Working conditions are in agreement with conditions described within company handbook unless explicitly noted in this document.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience in a related field, A Master's degree is preferred but not required.
- 3 years of developing maintainable test automation scripts/framework for complex applications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer