Comcast Supervisor, Managed Services (Service Assurance) in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for overseeing and supervising the staffing, day-to-day activities, and operations of technical staff. Manages and reports relevant key performance indicators. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Perform quality assurance auditing of tickets worked and calls takenby direct reports.
- Interface with backline engineering regarding escalations.
- Manage and report key performance indicators, including average speed to answer, abandon rate, service level %, etc.
- Handle difficult customer inquiries and complaints referred by technicians.
- Assist in scheduling and assignment of technical staff to meet support needs.
- Hold monthly, semi-monthly, weekly meetings with staff, individually and as a group to talk about performance towards goals, customer news and needs, etc.
- In conjunction with the engineering team, develop new processes and determine division of responsibilities among teams.
- Assist in recruiting and selection of hiring new staff.
- Assist in onboarding of new staff, including ensuring that all needed training is provided.
- Stay abreast of rapidly developing new technologies that will require support from the team.
- Train subordinates as new technology is implemented.
- Perform employee evaluations, disciplinary actions etc.
- Participates in weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly customer care calls, as required.
- Serves as first supervisory level on-call.
- Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Telecommunications, Computer Science
- Understanding of advanced data side networks: Ethernet, BCI, Router/switches
- CCENT, CCNA or CCNP or other relevant industry certification
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer