Comcast Senior Network Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for detailed design, implementation coordination, and
technical lead level resourcing for new product integration across
Comcast's converged IP Network, at a market or infrastructure level.
Accountable for monitoring and influencing relevant standards bodies
across Transport and IP layer to influence and incorporate emerging
technologies that reduce costs, increase flexibility, and drive better
scale across Comcast Infrastructure. Design, beta and launch new
integrated voice, video and data products across Converged Network.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a
key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Applies tactical and strategic approaches to design and new product
introduction; balances constraints and opportunities to drive
engineering consensus for new product introduction and methodology.
- Interfaces across the ecosystem to ensure thorough vetting of
- Leads matrixed teams, and serves as network technical liaison with
adjacent product and engineering teams to ensure smooth introduction of
- Produces, reviews, and coaches junior engineers' job roles in detailed
design work, SMOP creation, and operations execution of complex change
across converged environment.
- Work in a heavily matrixed environment, and act as integrated team
member or leader with virtual teams to shorten R&D and Design cycle for
new products and network evolution.
- Creates and documents high-level, detailed network designs.
- Communicates applicable design guidelines and provides guidance to
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and
externally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- CCNP required; F5-SEL/SEG preferred; Perl, Python UNIX Scripting
languages a plus
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer