Comcast Security Operations Center Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing all activities of the Security Operations Center (SOC) supporting the West Division. Leads a hybrid team of 24x7 operators supporting security operations and serves as a centralized resource capable of gathering, analyzing and disseminating all-hazards information to stakeholders, internal and external customers, and emergency services.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Leads, coaches, and develops the SOC team to include directing their day-to-day operations, preparedness, and response.
- Determines staffing requirements, recruiting guidance, hiring, training, performance, development and retention plans.
- Manage individual and team performance to continuously improve operations.
- Incident management response and notification readiness ensuring timely identification, analysis, and communication.
- Captures workload and system key performance indicators (KPI) and other data to accurately capture SOC activities.
- Oversees internal audits to assure that organizational personnel are adhering to established policy and practices and recommend appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
- Develops and reviews operating procedures and processes for continuous improvement and for providing recommendations to mature programs.
- Ensures service level agreements are defined, met, and course corrected to maximize achievement.
- Builds collaborative relationships to promote partnership and awareness.
- Partners directly with the Business Resiliency Manager to ensure proper support of crisis management operations.
- Provides insight to the security strategy for value creation and calculated investment into new ideas.
- Supports security technology initiatives to enhance operations. Technologies include access controls, security cameras, intrusion detection systems, and graphical user interfaces supporting 800 facilities across the Division in 13 states.
- Develops and effectively applies established practices that comply with government guidelines and standards.
- Manages a team including police officers, security guards, and investigators.
- Acts as a liaison between security personnel and the Director.
- Assists in developing and improving crime prevention, awareness, and protection services/ programs.
- Ensures that personnel records, reports, approvals, filings, schedules, written orders, etc. are maintained as required.
- Ensures that all department motor vehicles and equipment are properly inspected, maintained and used, in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Examines/reviews police reports for completeness and conformity. Ensures that all legal requirements and departmental procedures are strictly followed.
- Prepares and documents investigations for Human Resources, legal counsel or law enforcement agencies with minimal supervision.
- Works flexible hours and is available on call 24/7 as situations warrant.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of security management and 4 to 5 years of experience working within a security operations center. Experience in direct management of team members, including development, training, and assignment of work/projects.
- At least 4 years of experience working with security applications (for example: VMS/CCTV, Alarm, and/or Access Control systems).
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with applicable standards, ordinances, laws, and regulations.
- Knowledge of the security industry and threats to assets and people.
- Knowledge of architectural and construction concepts and processes.
- Knowledge of IT network technology and architecture.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, vendor management, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in a security or IT related field of study along with a Post Graduate degree; Master's degree in related field or business field.
- Knowledge of entertainment and retail operations and the application of physical security techniques to secure them.- include sfv4:header tag for jsmessages ->Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer