Comcast Retail Construction Project Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing the bidding and construction of new and remodeled stores. Drive continual process improvement that balances costs, schedule and quality to meet business objectives (on time and in budget). Utilizes both internal and external resources.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Project Management, Build Cost Management and Value Engineering:
- Perform all phases of the construction management process including: estimating, bidding, material take off, contract negotiation, scheduling, construction related issue resolution, change order management, project close out and value engineering for new and remodel store projects in multiple locations
- Manage project schedules based on our department's Store Development Schedule
- Actively monitor construction progress and schedule, conduct site visits, and ensure highest quality of construction, on time and within budget.
- Actively manage all aspects of the store construction budget including change order management
- Plan check at each drawing phase to ensure constructability and accuracy is followed by assigned architects
- React as necessary to mid project changes and facilitate resolution of design and construction related conflicts during construction to accomplish company goals and objectives while maintaining schedule and monitoring/informing on budget changes
- Develop and qualify contractor base to meet cost and quality expectations.
- Monitor GC deliverables on each project weekly reports, photos, cost summary reports
- Review and interpret landlord packages
- Monitor Landlord communication on site and address issues as required
- Act as key liaison for Operations at turn-over. Ensure a successful turnover of new and remodel stores by educating store personnel on store systems.
- Maintain an active role in the first thirty (30) days of an open new store to ensure all systems are working properly and all warranty issues are properly completed during the warranty period.
- Support Facilities in the process of warranty repair work
- Ensure timely project closeout to facilitate accurate project archiving and tenant allowance recovery.
- Facilitates resolution of design and construction related conflicts during construction.
- Participate in special projects including, but not limited to research and prototype development.
- Continually manage cost and schedule tracking and proactively alert all necessary business partners to cost and schedule exceptions.
- Own the Budget Template and manage according to latest design changes and costs
- Liaise with Real Estate, Store Design, Visual, Product/Merchandising teams, Procurement/ Sourcing team and Field Facilities on store roll-out issues.
- Collaborate with Purchasing in the sourcing, qualifying and management of vendors.
- Effectively work with internal and external business partners to identify and implement value-engineering programs.
- Work closely with Store Design on prototype development and changes to current
- Negotiate, maintain and revise the Annual Master Agreements with the General Contractors to ensure the highest quality of construction that meets brand standards and business objective
- Develop conceptual budgets and schedules for Real Estate during the site feasibility phase of the process
- Refine preliminary budgets based on new information provided for Real Estate Committee Approval meetings
- Assist Store Design in the New Store and Remodel Process by evaluating conceptual scope, construction budgets and schedules as needed
- Bi-annual review of RFI's and Change Orders to determine repeat changes and implement changes to drawings as necessary
- Act as conduit for feedback to Store Design and Visual in regards to opportunities with design, construction and functionality
- Assist Design with permit process as necessary
- External General Contractors - select appropriate contractors, solicit bids, award contract, monitor and approve project expenses and payments to ensure compliance with project budget. Provide input during conceptual design phase to mitigate project conflicts during construction. Ensure timely execution receipt of building permit and contract award to facilitate project schedule.
- Landlord and Regulatory Agencies - play key role in resolving issues arising as a result of Landlord and/or Regulatory Agency review during construction and project completion phases.
- Creative Services - provide key role in estimating and value engineering concept prototypes.
- Retail Operations - responsible for ensuring timely communication of operational and logistical considerations with Retail Operations and Loss Prevention during project.
- Purchasing - provide project specific and non prototypical FOIC (Furnished by Owner, Installed by Contractor) and FOIO (Furnished by Owner, Installed by Owner) item take off to purchasing buyers ensuring project components are available for construction.
- Design Managers - team with Design Manager at project outset to establish project schedule, outline and refine project scope and strategize project execution to ensure project is completed on budget and on time. Timely resolution of design related conflicts during construction phase to ensure design intent and mitigate project delays.
- Director, Store Development - provide weekly project updates and facilitate New and Remodel Store programs as defined by corporate objectives.
- Leasing Directors-provide pro active role in cost estimating of potential store locations proposed by leasing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding and implementation of retail store or equivalent construction specializing in interior finishes.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to read and interpret construction documents and plans.
- Experience in the use of computerized word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, job costing and estimating programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction contract and change order tools.
- Ability to participate and provide valuable feedback during design process.
- Excellent communication, documentation, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a team as well as decentralized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects in a dynamic, fast paced, schedule oriented environment.
- Ability to travel extensively. Position requires / 70% travel
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Experience as an owner's construction representative preferred
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer