Comcast Paralegal 3, Contracts Analyst in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for contract drafting and approval process for the Xfinity Communities space within Comcast West Division. Responsible for providing legal support in the form of drafting contract language, contract review, revision and assistance with negotiation and preparation of various types of agreements including, but not limited to: Bulk/MDU properties, consulting, direct sales, rights of way, sponsorship, etc. Works with supervision from direct supervisor and Comcast attorneys.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Assists with management of documentsflow.
- Manages contract creation and review process for MDU teams through use of contract software
-Negotiates contract revisions with internal and external contacts
-Works with internal requesters to obtain contracts with new vendors and to add work with existing vendors
-Works as an internal liaison for contract requesters and corporate reviewers and approvers
- Draft, negotiate and review high-volume of contracts of varying complexity, the majority of which are sales agreements for broadband services to bulk/MDU (multiple dwelling unit) properties
- Work with and train account executives on the contract management process including use of the contract generating software
- Work with corporate attorneys to obtain legal approval on contract language
- Work with business partners throughout the organization in navigating drafting and execution of vendor services agreements and SOW's
- Document status of contract execution via contract database software and/or SharePoint tracking system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as function successfully within a team
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a "big picture" perspective
- Technical aptitude and strong knowledge of computers and the internet
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PPT and "red-lining" protocol for documents
- Ability to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment
- General understanding of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications
- Good time management skills essential; prioritize tasks and responsibilities and multi-task
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Assists with collection and production of documents.
- Organizes documents required in connection with regulatory or legal proceedings.
- Performs legal research using provided resources. Conducts fact gathering interviews and documents research.
- Obtains information required to comply with subpoenas, requests for production of documents, or other forms of pretrial discovery, and conducts investigatory research in litigation matters under guidance.
- Maintains litigation and regulatory proceedings database.
- Researches and summarizes laws, cases, and files; presents a synopsis to the Attorney for use in preparation for trial or responding to a legal issue.
- Ensures timely responses to legal notices and subpoenas.
- Receives service of process and coordinates timely assignment of cases to outside counsel.
- Prepares legal documents and business communications.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Other Professional Certification (Paralegal certificate or license required)
- Generally requires 6-8 years related experience
- Cable Industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Demonstrates a teamwork attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer