Comcast Network Engineer 3 in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Exciting opportunity with an engineering team focused on end-to-end design and build of the video over IP network infrastructure. Additional focus of the role will be to reach across the entire spectrum of the video ecosystem to collaborate with key stakeholders-product owners, video application teams, network engineering architecture, and video operations support-to manage new product development and seamless integration of POR products into the service delivery network while maintaining the health and quality of existing video services.
- Minimum 5 years of IP network experience & datacenter design (service provider experience a plus)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in video over IP technologies
- Scripting/coding experience required in any of these languages (Python, Java)
- Intermediate knowledge of layer 2 technologies: MLAG, VLANs
- Intermediate knowledge of layer 3 routing: BGP, IS-IS
- Intermediate knowledge of multicast technologies: IGMP, PIM, ASM/SSM
- Intermediate knowledge of QoS technologies
- Ability to analyze packet captures through tcpdump or wireshark
- Excellent understanding of video technologies, in particular Video On Demand, Cloud infrastructure, Content Delivery Network infrastructure
- Proficiency with forecasting models for long and mid-term planning and budgetary planning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries. Must be a flexible, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
Job Responsibilities .
- Routing design in support of video over IP infrastructure, network capacity planning, and performance engineering
- Network port activations for video infrastructure components
- Troubleshooting pre/post video infrastructure services
- Work with subject matter experts who will drive vendor roadmaps to ensure designs are deployable and new products are able to migrate easily to future designs
- Implement Nextgen design principles and new technologies
- Implement network solutions to meet the needs of POR projects, integration and build
- Work with cross functional teams, following design, deployment and operational processes
- Support the infrastructure during and following deployment efforts-on-call support is required
- Work with standards bodies and Internet organizations as needed
- Provide consultative direction to cross-functional teams
- Some travel required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience and self-study.
- Cisco, Juniper, Arista and/or other related networking certifications a plus
- CCNP and/or JNCIP preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer