Comcast Network Engineer 3, Installation in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for designing, testing, and turning up circuits in all regions of the CDV and/or Commercial Services network on the Test & Turn Up team. Resolves all first contact issues and escalations in an organized and timely fashion and escalates issues exceeding scope of expertise in a timely manner, as needed. Troubleshoots and provides resolutions according to established practices and procedures. Provides project management and status updates. Contributes on cross-functional teams, as required. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Designs internal circuits and oversees CDV demark to switch. Includes port assignments both in databases and in the physical network elements.
- Tests and turns up new circuits in a production CDV and/or commercial services environment, according to Comcast practices. May recommend new practices and procedures, as necessary.
- Interfaces with commercial customers in regards to commercial product offerings. Troubleshoots issues, providing resolutions according to established practices and procedures.
- Coordinates and resolves service issues with providers and vendors to ensure accurate and timely implementation of new trunk groups and augments to existing trunk groups.
- Coordinates and implements new features, technologies, upgrades, and patches in the production environment with respect to circuit design, turn up, and test.
- Escalates issues in a timely fashion. Provides all relevant information, accurately entering information into database.
- Opens and updates service tickets in database/tracking system.
- Directs efforts so as to maintain service Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) within regional or contractual standards.
- Provides expertise and guidance to junior team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- CCNA/CCNP highly preferred
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer