Comcast Manager, Construction in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
Day 1 Benefits for New Hires!
In this division role you will be responsible for contributing to the overall vision and direction of construction and expansion of our network. You will act as liaison with WD Engineering /Construction and Regional construction leads to develop and follow standards, goals, strategies, and objectives.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Works closely with regional leadership teams and business partners to manage construction budgets and project completions
- Develops processes and procedures to drive construction/engineering department efficiencies
- Provides subject matter guidance to employees and contributes to the development of the organizational business strategy.
- Schedules construction projects; oversees compliance of safety standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Initiates and monitors processes for expenditures and ensures budgets are met.
- Verifies that applicable construction codes and safety regulations are being upheld.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames are met for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and generates reports on project status.
- Manages all projects to meet or exceed minimum specification to Company Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA, State, County and/or City and all other applicable agencies.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor projects.
- Works with Marketing and Commercial Development to ensure budgeted subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Manages Supervisors, Specialists and Technicians to provide feedback in order to help employees with career development.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Finance
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Must be willing to travel up to 10-15% throughout the West Division
- Strong Problem solving ability with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of software: including Access, Excel, Word, Visio and Project
- 8 years of experience with HFC Networks and Design, Planning and Construction
- Experience in creating business cases and involvement in capital planning / investment decisions and P&L responsibility.
- Strong knowledge in Quality Management/Process Improvement a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer