Comcast Engineer 2, XOC (Multiple locations: CO, CA & WA) in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for being the escalation point of contact for all high level break/fix and maintenance issues or events for the OC. Provides subject matter expertise for CRAN, CMTS, transport, Video, CDV, HSI and works closely with the engineering teams. Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the planning development, testing, and evaluation of Comcast's network. Responds to escalations and resolves issues that arise from hardware and software failures. Manages network tuning, performance and designs strategies, and makes recommends to improve network performance.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job-Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the planning, development, testing, and evaluation of Comcast's network, including CRAN, CMTS, and the IP platform, and Video platform. Works closely with engineering and national teams on network operations to ensure proper and efficient operations of the network.
- Measures volume and performance of the network traffic; identifies utilization and performance issues; designs strategies and recommendations to improve network performance. Provides necessary support for additions and changes.
- Devises and implements strategies for solving network issues or increasing network performance, including the development and production of network system documentation and instructional and procedural manuals for other employees to utilize in order to resolve problems or
make network improvements. Supports all the OC tools and alarms, analyze systems needs and determines priority of devices attached to the network.
- Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, and monitors the network to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern. Monitors and isolates outages and impairments. Ensures that server databases and other related resources are properly maintained and devises strategies to improve performance of the network.
- Provides subject matter expertise for all network equipment, technical training, and support to other operational groups. Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Engineer 2 performing Network Desk duties performs the following: Determines if the network, or a portion of the network, needs to be shut down to resolve complex issues. Provides technical support for the capacity and utilization reporting and tuning across the product lines. Tests, monitors, and analyzes the network to isolate outages across all product lines. Performs port turn ups and downs on CRAN aligned to the agreed to demark matrix. Develops changes and improvements in the network including re-routing of traffic. Provisions DWDM and CWDM circuits.
- Engineer 2 performing Video Desk duties performs the following: Participates in the review of video failures, as appropriate, and provides feedback to prevent future occurrences within the established
post mortem process. Accountable for video configuration audits and adherence to the golden configuration. Supports national desk for DSG and 2way conduit applications. Supports all channel migration from the headend to the CRAN. Supports all SD and HD channel launches. Uses all available tools to monitor and isolate IP video outages and impairments. Maintains all IP video delivery devices (i.e. RPD's, OM-1000's, and NC-1500's.) Performs MPEG troubleshooting through a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the testing and evaluation of Comcast's network. Provides operational support for the DAC and DNCS in conjunction with engineering and AVS. Directs Headend Technician(s) in troubleshooting network issues for video, ADS, and Switched Digital video.
- Engineer 2 performing CHSI Desk duties performs the following: Devises modulation changes to the CHSI QAMs. Acts as the SME in isolating problems between the CMTS, transport distribution, and subscriber Modem equipment. Ensures the CHSI network is optimally engineered. Analyzes
and troubleshoots networks such as: CHSI Infrastructure, CRAN/CMTS, and transport. Designs, conducts, and interprets database and CHSI configurations. Provides technical support during the deployment of the CHSI product or the installation of additional CMTS's in the market.
- Engineer 2 performing CDV Desk duties performs the following: Provides technical support during the deployment of the CDV product or the installation of additional soft switches in the market. Monitors and clears all hung COPS processing. Supports the implementation of new
capacity associated with the facilities and trunking for PSTN interconnection. Acts as the SME in isolating problems between the switch service provider, transport distribution, and subscriber telephony equipment. Provides subject matter expertise for all voice equipment, technical training and support to other operational groups. Ensures the voice network is optimally engineered. Analyzes and troubleshoots networks such as: Voice Infrastructure, CRAN/CMTS, and transport. Designs, conducts, and interprets database and switch translations
- Engineer 2 performing Systems Desk Specific function performs the following: Designs and creates tools that gather and integrate data from disparate systems (such as Comcast billing, ticketing, provisioning, and network monitoring systems, among others.) Designs, codes, tests,
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer