Comcast Director, Human Resources - Comcast Business in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Reporting to the Vice President- HR Growth for the West Division, this role will be responsible for providing human resource service delivery guidance and consultation to the employee population of approximately 1300 employees including four call center locations and 6 Vice Presidents. In addition this individual will be responsible for supporting the development and execution on HR related initiatives associated with our west division strategic plan. This position resides in the greater Denver Colorado metro area.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Guides daily HR execution for the Comcast Business Inbound and Outbound Sales Center, Customer Care Call Center Operations, Loyalty Center of Excellence, and Order Management Center
- Provides perspectives and input to regional / division wide policies and programs that are in development through participation in task forces special projects and committees and close partnership with the Headquarters HR team
- Provides consultative services to senior Comcast Business Leaders on organizational performance compensation and other HR related activities
- Provides key HR data to senior team that impacts the business
- Supervises four direct reports. Develops staffing plans; recruits and hires to staff the organization. Establishes individual performance goals and reviews performance against goals. Provides counseling. Plans approves and implements programs for the timely development and progression of the individuals. Handles discipline and documentation steps as appropriate
- Leads and supports organizational change by seeking and development ways for the organization to be more effective
- Responsible for ensuring staffing targets are met for all Comcast Business West Division office organizations
- Responsible for ensuring employee engagement initiatives are in place for all West Division Comcast Business organizations
- Responsible for ensuring effective training & development plans are in place for all West Division Comcast Business organizations
- Responsible for ensuring compensation programs are administered effectively across all West Division Comcast Business organizations
- Responsible for assisting leaders to develop employee engagement and effective culture building programs
- Acts as the strategic liaison between Headquarters Human Resources and the West Division regional Human Resources teams
- Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and procedures for the Human Resources department to establish and maintain an effective department through managing, advising, and motivating department employees.
- Counsels management and employees on disciplinary actions and performance problems.
- Provides support, direction, and coaching for training and development programs.
- Oversees government, legal, and regulatory requirements and/or complaints in various areas.
- Maintains an efficient recruitment/interviewing function to ensure adequate staffing at all levels.
- Develops Human Resources strategies for business groups that includes workforce planning, pay-for-performance, talent management, talent acquisition, and succession.
- Partners with business leaders to achieve organization and business alignment.
- Leads department personnel, including direct supervision, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Partners with senior management to develop strategic HR goals, policies, and programs that align with business initiatives.
- Operates HRIS system(s) to maintain appropriate data integrity.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Ability to function as an internal coach to management peers and others by helping them identify and resolve issues encouraging excellent management practices anticipating internal organization issues proposing solutions and understanding/representing the employee perspective.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to lead by example in terms of creating an exciting environment for employees and the company to ensure collective success
- Ability to serve as a strategic business partner and advisor to senior executives with a solid track record of achievement in the human resources management function
- Demonstrated ability in leveraging key performance indicators to drive organizational success-Demonstrated Strategic Planning acumen
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing human resource activities across multiple facilities and across a wide geography
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing and leveraging HR metrics to guide HR effectiveness
- Demonstrated project management and implementation skills
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Exceptional verbal written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- 7- 10 years progressive experience in Human Resources management including experience managing senior HR professionals (Director and above).
- Exceptional business acumen
- Seasoned consultative skills and capability
- Experience in labor relations (i.e. labor campaigns/elections collective bargaining grievance arbitrations)
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Cable/Telecom industry knowledge preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer