Comcast Analyst 3, Financial Analyst (Construction) Centennial, CO in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
Day 1 Benefits for New Hires !
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates financial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projections to all levels within the organization in support of functional business objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and performing financial analysis for Capital, Construction and Engineering Finance that support Comcast’s Residential and Commercial markets.
- Comprehensive modeling required.
- Work closely with HQ, Division, and Regional Finance, Construction, and Engineering teams to develop financial analysis and reporting that provide key insights that fuel growth and drive the business in a profitable direction.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
- Understand the current National SOW pricing strategy and financial impact on business plans.
- Understand Construction Life Cycle and develop action plans to adjust trends to Comcast’s advantage.
- Incorporate supporting financial per unit impact analysis into target assumptions for any recommended rate changes and new rates established with financial implications to Capital forecasts and budgets.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive financial analysis and reporting.
- Support month end Capital close process, forecast cycle, and report results.
- Submit regional and division Capital forecasts and explain variances to target and budget.
- Develop annual Capital budgets and support senior regional and division leadership.
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts team. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years' related experience
- Experience and expertise using SQL, VBA, and Tableau
- Experience with Python and R preferred
- Significant experience with Excel and other modeling software
- Significant experience with Access and other database tools
- Skills managing/manipulating large quantities of data
- Ability to link together data from multiple sources to produce meaningful analytics/reporting for senior management
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and creatively identify solutions for complex challenges
- Experience with Essbase, Smartview, Teradata, Job Tracking, OBIEE, and P2 preferred
- Significant knowledge and experience with financial analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Curious nature and detail oriented
- Team player with excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Accounting and Capital Project Management skills
- Telecom industry experience preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer