Comcast Sr. Software Engineer, Xfinity Home in Austin, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Austin, TX. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the new Xfinity Home platform with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and product managers to develop features for the Xfinity Home platform running in AWS. The primary responsibilities will include developing middleware and/or micro-services for the Xfinity Home platform. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building and testing Web Services. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- 6 years of backend software development experience using Java
- Fluency in Java programming language and familiarity with common Java application frameworks
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Familiarity with cloud computing and AWS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Our Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer