Comcast Software Engineering Intern in Austin, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Technology Internship Program is an 11-week summer program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students.
Over the course of the summer, your experience will include:
- Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Department and Position Overview:
The intern will work with the TPX (Talent, Product & Experience) Xfinity Home Wholesale department. This team is responsible for developing, maintaining and innovating Comcast's Xfinity Home platform and its syndication with partners like Cox Communications, Charter and Rogers.
The intern will have the opportunity to work on emerging technologies with AWS and IoT to bring the Xfinity Home platform into the next generation of smart home platforms.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Develop serverless applications in AWS leveraging components such as Lambda and Dynamo
- Develop Java-based micro-services
- Build and deploy components using CI/CD pipelines
- Write and verify unit tests
- Write documentation
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a United States-based college or university
- Majors: Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Java or similar Object Orientated programming language
- AWS experience with EC2, Lamba, Dynamo (preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrates solid decision-making skills
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications and media industries
- Current and future authorization to work in the United States of America
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer