Comcast Customer Support Engineer in Austin, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Must be an Individual contributor
- Troubleshooting and solutions resolution
- Ability to thoroughly analyze and understand the Comcast product line and steps forimplementation in all customer environments
- Work with developers to identify and resolve more complicated problems
- Address urgent issues quickly
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule.
- Document required bug fixes, end-user feature improvements, and operations featureimprovements
- Act as customer advocate in the product development process
- Provide feedback from customer users to Service Assurance Manager
- Work with customer employees and consultants, including business managers, projectmanagers, QA personnel, data center engineers, operations managers and supportmanagers
- Adhere to support SLAs with multiple partners.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer satisfaction.
- Required Skills: Proficiency in Linux; Server networking
- Weblogic; Java; SQL; Ruby; Shell, Perl; Python, are highly preferred.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Ability to write clearly and implement processes and procedures related to technicalsupport training and standardization.
- Ability to create professional presentations.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot system problems from a customer perspective.
- Ability to work independently and within time constraints.
- Must be highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be adaptable to changing schedules and projects.
- Self-Starter-ability to quickly learn new tools and products.
- Excellent time management skills to multi-task across multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience/familiarity with various types of CRM software a plus.
- Expertise with IP networking concepts
- Expertise with WireShark and TCPdump, including ability to analyze packet captures
- Experience with RF technologies: ZigBee, Z-Wave a bonus.
- Experience with networking and generic network topology, in terms of best practices in settingup different layers of networking elements, Firewall, Load Balancers, Layer2/3 Switches, etc.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, MIS OR
- 4 years' experience as a Support Engineer in the high-tech industry.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer