Comcast Pre-Sales Engineer SE5 in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for developing solutions with Comcast's full suite of WAN and Managed Network Services focused on the Fortune 1000 clients. Technical lead on the account team responsible for understanding customer technical and business requirements. Develop proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers. Work with customer to build relationships and ensure the Comcast Sales and internal team understands the customers' current network and provide a solutions that meets or exceeds expectations. Acts as a technical expert in own area within the organization. May work independently or as part of a team on more complex projects. Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior team members. May be responsible for leading a team, but does not directly manage people.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Develop solutions leveraging Comcast Managed Network Services portfolio including Managed Broadband, Managed Router, Managed WiFi, Managed Security, Unified Communications and Metro Ethernet products.
- Drive customer broadband aggregation solutions within Comcast presales process by clearly defining customer desired and minimum bandwidth requirements, customer preference for surveys, single vs. distributed billing, timelines and type of detailed proposal response.
- Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer describing the benefits of the solution and build relationships with customers as a trusted advisor.
- Assist in the preparation of RFP's, designing cost-effective solutions plus solving configuration challenges through the standard or Individual Case Basis (ICB) process.
- Collaborate with Network Engineering and Solutions Architecture, Product Management and Marketing teams to fully support the Presales Effectiveness of the Sales Engineering teams.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning.
- Possess and maintain the business acumen to anticipate future trends, competitive landscape, understand how organizations generates profits and manages cost and translate market knowledge into business opportunities.
- Review all technical aspects for quality of an opportunity documentation before the opportunity is accepted as sold.
- Lead the introduction of a new product, process or technology within the Comcast Business Sales Engineering community.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- CCNA/CCNP desired (or equivalent experience)
- Generally requires 11 years related experience.
-MEF CECP/Cisco CMNA/Fortinet NSE/Ciena-CE-A/Juniper JNCIA (or other industry experience)
-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience, and 3 years related experience working with Enterprise level customers on complex networks.
-Adept in developing and delivering technical presentations
-Experience with the following:
-MAN/WAN technologies including Carrier Ethernet, SD-WAN, IP-VPN/MPLS, Wavelength and SONET
-Internet, Peering, TCP/IP, Border Gateway Protocol
-Layer 1 Access Networks (Optical/WDM, Hybrid Fiber Coaxial, Twisted Pair Copper)
-Layer 2/3 networking and protocols (Switching/Bridging VLAN's, L2CP, Routing and Security)
-Advanced Voice networking technologies including VoIP, SIP, Packet Cable and TDM
-Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Orchestration and Cloud based solutions
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in simple and understandable terms to a layperson.
-Strong presentation skills.
-Able to accomplish tasks and projects without the need for constant supervision.
-Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Salesforce
-Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast-paced sales environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer