Comcast Paralegal 3, Contract Support in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing support and assistance to attorneys in the form of difficult-to-complex legal research, drafting of legal documents, and business communications, and performing administrative work. Applies an advanced knowledge of legal concepts and processes to assist in legal proceeding. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own
area. May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Works with some supervision of Counsel, Senior Counsel, and/or VP, Deputy General Counsel.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Assists with collection and production of documents.
- Organizes documents required in connection with regulatory or legal proceedings.
- Performs legal research using provided resources. Conducts fact gathering interviews and documents research.
- Obtains information required to comply with subpoenas, requests for production of documents, or other forms of pretrial discovery, and conducts investigatory research in litigation matters under guidance.
- Maintains litigation and regulatory proceedings database.
- Researches and summarizes laws, cases, and files; presents a synopsis to the Attorney for use in preparation for trial or responding to a legal issue.
- Ensures timely responses to legal notices and subpoenas.
- Receives service of process and coordinates timely assignment of cases to outside counsel.
- Prepares legal documents and business communications.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have paralegal experience withreal estatetransactions.
- The right candidate will have exceptional client service skills, outstanding organizational and communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize numerous tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Reporting to the Director of Real Estate, position will lead and coordinate all internal parties to negotiate LOI's and leases.
- Position will partner with internal general counsel.
- Drafting and negotiating, along with the Director and internal general counsel, legal documents for the company portfolio of properties. These documents may include: tenant and landlord estoppels, lease assignments, lease amendments, lease terminations, lease assignments/sublet, Letter of intent, new lease documents, etc.
- Develop and manage our internal communications and dashboards to keep management updated on the entire real estate pipeline.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Other Professional Certification
- Generally requires 6-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer