Comcast Manager 1, Finance & Accounting in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing day-to-day activities for the Finance & Accounting department. Oversees development and preparation of budgeting, forecasting, and general reporting. Provides direct supervision to Finance & Accounting staff. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Manages financial resources.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable functions including collections, cash reporting, and payroll processing.
- Maintains budgets and forecasts in Finance systems and provides Director with forecasts based on trends and statistical models.
- Prepares financial reports and coordinates month and year-end processes.
- Develops and utilizes financial models and analysis for Finance & Accounting staff.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and develops Finance & Accounting staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Manage the monthly close/forecasting/budgeting of our shared services organization (operations and marketing)
- Participate in our Project Promote Innovation committee to improve business operations/processes
- Lead monthly reviews of Division expense actuals, forecasting, variance explanations
- Engage in team development and oversight
- Participate in reviewing capital spend and cost justification modeling
- Ad hoc expense/capital analysis
- Shared services process improvements
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer