Comcast Field Compliance Auditor (OSP Construction) in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
* Job Summary: *
Responsible for planning and conducting audits of internal controls covering a broad range of the Company's operations to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements. Performs auditing duties of a complex nature with emphasis on outside cable plant construction completion and related financial controls.Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
* Core Responsibilities: *
- Works with broad discretion as to work details on assignments of a varied and difficult nature.
- Conducts project staff involved in the examination of a wide variety of activities.
- Examines records, documents, methods, policies, costs, and other factors to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements with emphasis on outside cable plant construction providing assurance that job costs are properly reconciled to budget and work performed was complete, authorized and up to standards.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports summarizing audit results.
- Makes recommendations regarding corrective action and reviews audit findings with Managers.
- Plans methods to be followed in the conduct of audits to ensure that key controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed; recommends activities to be examined, the extent of examination, and establishes completion schedules.
- Prepares clear and well-organized audit work papers that appropriately document the work performed. Writes clear meaningful audit comments and investigation summaries.
- Develops audit programs for specific audits or operating entities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Stays current in emerging technologies and innovative practices.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Job Specification: *
- Bachelors degree in business administration or equivalent
- Strong project management abilities as well as excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be an independent self-motivated individual who has the ability to work on various projects, at varying degrees of progress with accompanying stress.
- Intermediate to advance ability with MS Office products (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, SharePoint, Outlook).
- Strong telecommunications industry specific technical knowledge and experience, including SCTE standards and best practices for construction and maintenance of outside plant across all functional areas (i.e. MDU, SDU, Commercial FTTP, etc.)
- Medium to advance knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) construction practices and procedures with the ability to identify craftsmanship not meeting company and industry standards.
- Strong data analysis skills and accounting knowledge.
- Must be able to travel out of town with overnight stays up to 70%
- Must have valid driver's license and be able to drive to local and remote locations as well as work standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work outdoors under various weather conditions.
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
* Preferred Qualifications * :
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Information Systems Auditor
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer