Comcast Director Workplace Safety in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the environmental, industrial health and safety regulations. Handles coordination of all environmental, safety compliance programs and conducts environmental
safety inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and prevailing professional practices. Ensures that actions are taken to correct deficiencies or violations of standards, investigates employee complaints and suggestions regarding hazardous conditions, maintains site health and safety records, manages support contracts, and interfaces with federal, state, and local regulatory officials.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of facility and equipment by directing, developing and managing strategic plans for the office facilities to ensure the office/facilities are well maintained and up to code, facilities are fully secured, office equipment is fully operational, office services are implemented in a timely manner and meet the needs of the customers.
- Plans and use resources economically; prepares accurate budgets and monitors expenditures; develops appropriate informational resources and safeguards their use; procures, stores and distributes material economically and efficiently; ensures efficient maintenance and operation of facilities and equipment to meet the needs of users.
- Ensures ongoing and full compliance with all applicable safety regulations, workplace safety and inspection program.
- Develops plans to meet unexpected situations, new developments and changes in the business environment; prepares for emergencies; anticipates events; understands the factors and conditions affecting the organization and respond appropriately when these change.
- Develops and maximizes workplace ergonomics best practices to reduce lost time injuries and enhance employee productivity.
- Monitors Worker's Compensation, general liability, claims and acts as a liaison to insurance carriers, local management, Corporate Risk Management, benefits, injured employees and medical providers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience within Corporate Safety
- Familiar with local, state and federal compliance laws regarding facility safety, evacuation and fire.
- Familiar with industry standards for field employees (e.g. ladder safety, falls, bucket truck, etc.)
- Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and compliance within WH environment
- Ability to effectively investigate, lead, direct and support workplace safety incidents.
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Support Risk Management, Business Continuity, Facilities, Security and Legal on highly sensitive incidents requiring further investigation or oversight as requested.
- Ability to review, plan, apply and coordinate natural disaster plans, evacuations, business continuity, and recovery support.
- Develop and track safety infractions for supporting risk mitigation measures to reduce risks to employees, assets and brand.
- Provide written documentation, follow-up and corrective measures that mitigate risk and reduce annual costs associated with preventable workplace safety matters.
- Represent company interests in hearing, legal or court proceedings.
- Ability to calmly evaluate emergency situations, develop actionable response with oversight of recovery.
- Ability to manage safety team remotely while supporting multiple facilities with standardize and execution of safety protocol.
- Efficient in Microsoft office, excel and use of
Certifications Preferred in one or more of the following :
- CSP Certified Safety Professional
- ASP Associate Safety Professional
- CHST Certified Health and Safety Trainer
- OSHA Outreach training
- First Aid, CPR, AED certified
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Safety Management, Occupational Health and Safety or related degree- preferred
- MS in Occupation Safety and Health- preferred
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Travel Requirements :
- Ability to travel up to 40% as required
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer