Comcast Analyst 3, Finance in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a member of the revenue assurance team the position will be responsible
for overseeing credit adjustments for the Central Division, focusing on compliance
to credit practices and policies. The analyst will create a framework for oversight
and will monitor/track compliance for credits based on several key identifiers.
This will include developing and monitoring reports related to stacked credits,
excessive credits, incorrect adjustment codes, etc., as well as performing analysis
to provide insight into credit trends. Drives coaching sessions and outlier discussions
with the various channels customer-facing channels such as Help Desk, Escalations,
Service Centers, etc.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Mange publishing weekly operational report analysis with detailed
explanations on credit compliance trends.
- Drive the development and maintenance of a comprehensive Central
Division compliance plan.
- Review or prepare details for performing key compliance audits on
an established cadence.
- Conduct investigations collaborating with other departments to discover
the root cause of issues.
- Recommend and explore alternative courses of action for correcting
control weaknesses, resolving operating problems, or improving processes.
- Analyze actions initiated or proposed in response to compliance recommendations.
Monitors the completion of actions taken and, as necessary, advises management
- Work well within the team to share responsibilities and be a team player.
- Stay current in emerging technologies and innovative practices.
- Pursue additional industry and business knowledge through training, continuing
education, and certifications.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Requirements :
- Strong audit background is required, including extensive
experience applying internal auditing principles and practices.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel,
Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills,
both verbal and written, as well as strong project management abilities.
- Must be an independent, self-motivated individual who has the ability
to work on various projects, at varying degrees of complexity and accompanying
stress, with a dedication to delivering a quality and timely work product.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer