Comcast SVP, Federal Affairs in Washington, District Of Columbia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Lead Comcast's Federal Legislative Affairs activities, in close coordination with the other Comcast and NBCUniversal Government Affairs teams.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive Federal Legislative Affairs strategy that supports and promotes Comcast's business objectives and brand, and harmonizes with Comcast's government affairs strategy.
- Oversee Comcast's engagement strategy with Congress and key policymakers and influencers. Maintain strong relationships with and serve as advocate for Comcast's position with Congressional Members and staff. Work with Comcast and NBCUniversal Government Affairs and Corporate Communications teams to build public and opinion-leader support for the company's positions.
- Lead preparation of executive briefing materials for Congressional testimony, public policy engagements, and Hill meetings.
- May also include leadership of Comcast's relationships with elements of the Administrative branch of the federal government.
- Cultivate new and strengthen existing relationships with the company's key stakeholders, including elected officials, public-sector leadership, private-sector partners, and other opinion leaders.
- Represent the company at public events, including participation on panels, events, Congressional meetings, fundraisers, PAC events, events with third party groups, and government hearings.
- Guide and develop the company's engagement in the public policy process at the federal level, and with the broader community of policy influencers.
- Identify and respond to emerging legislation and regulation affecting the company. Working closely with Comcast and NBCUniversal Government Affairs and Corporate Communications, ensure consistency of messaging in all regulatory, legislative, and policy advocacy.
- Work closely with various trade associations and industry coalitions.
- Lead and develop a team of legislative affairs professionals.
- Liaise with law firms and consultants, as needed.
- Plan and manage an annual budget.
- Law degree preferred, but not required. At least 15 years' experience in related lobbying/advocacy, public policy, regulatory, or legislative fields.
- Wide-ranging substantive expertise in policy affecting telecommunications and media industries.
- Track record as a strong and effective leader and collaborator.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, senior government officials, industry partners, and influencers.
- Superior management skills and ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations orally and in writing.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage brand communication strategies and reputational risk.
- Demonstrated experience with change management strategies and implementation.
- Results-oriented with superior problem-solving skills and ability to effectively manage varied resources to complete a task/project.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team in an extremely fast-pace, evolving environment.
- Experience leading and developing government affairs professionals.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer