Comcast Engineer, AI Machine Learning - Comcast Applied AI in Washington, District Of Columbia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Are you interested in creating intelligent applications that impact millions of people on a daily basis? Do you have experience in engineering and deploying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions in at least one or more of the following areas – NLP, Reinforcement Learning, Anomaly Detection or Predictive Maintenance? Do you want to build virtual assistants that interact with millions of customers in natural language and understand their needs? Do you want to help us create intelligent services that continuously monitor millions of devices and applications and can recommend the best solutions to make that sure that our customers can enjoy our smart video, internet and home experiences with no or minimal interruptions?
The Comcast Applied AI group is currently looking to grow our group with senior and junior engineers that have experience in developing and deploying NLP, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Anomaly Detection, Predictive Maintenance and other Artificial Intelligence applications at scale.
We are an innovative research group within Comcast's Technology & Product organization with offices in Washington, DC, Silicon Valley, Philadelphia, Denver and Chicago that does groundbreaking research to support the development of novel Deep Learning and Machine learning based products for Comcast’s 22 Million consumers.
Comcast is the largest provider of TV and Broadband Services in North America, the largest provider of TV search and discovery applications in North America, & the 6th largest provider of search on the web, and a leading provider of smart home solutions.
We are looking for both junior and senior engineers, and the ideal candidate will have experience working as a technical lead or junior team members in a start-up, industrial, government, or academic lab setting on artificial intelligence and machine learning projects.
Applicants should have strong programming and software development skills, and be comfortable working in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented, applied research and engineering environment. Familiarity with Python, Java or Scala, and knowledge of data pipeline and cloud technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Flink, Docker, Kubernetes/Mesos, and GPU computing is desired. Knowledge of machine learning frameworks such as H20, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, etc. and how to deploy them is preferred.
The position can be located in any of our locations, though Washington, DC, Philadelphia or Sunnyvale, CA are preferred. We feature an informal, open atmosphere, and cultivate a start-up culture with the backing of a Fortune 50 company. The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
For more information about our group please go to: http://dclabs.comcast.com/research
- Implements, refines and validates machine learning algorithms for products and applications.
- Designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning, and data monitoring.
- Trains machine learning models, validates the accuracy of the machine learning models once trained, and deploys them into production.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, API’s and other intellectual property.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
-Designs proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent; Master’s preferred.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Data Science or Applied Math with experience in one or more of the following areas: Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Large Scale Machine Learning, Data Science, NLP, or Computer Vision.
Years of Experience: Generally, requires 5-8 years related experience after Bachelors for lead positions, and at least 2-3 years related experience after Bachelors, or a recent Master’s for junior positions.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer