Comcast Eng 5, Software Dev & Engineering in Seattle, Washington
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Our Engineering team utilizes the latest technologies to support our high-availability, high-traffic applications in a 24x7 data center. Our software and network infrastructure powers high-profile destinations for CNBC, British Telecom, Fox Sports Network, NBC Local Media, Comcast and many others who demand strict uptime and security standards.
Comcast Technology Solutions is an agile organization, improving and exploring new technologies and solutions in our day to day responsibilities. We manage over 3500 virtual machines using a variety of storage and server brands and focus on maintaining scalable systems.
This role works closely with all teams in the Engineering organization. The primary responsibility will be insuring security and scalability of applications in our infrastructure and cloud services. Daily scrums help to keep the teams clear on expectations and awareness of projects and capacity planning. Our team does enjoy a great work/life balance!
- Work within Engineering to create, maintain and enforce security policies
- Respond to security incidents
- Proactively research new and/or updated technologies as they come available that pertain to our environment
- Perform and moderate regular penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Handle and coordinate security audits
- Implement security initiatives and tools
- Participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and architecture review meetings
- Keep security documentation relevant and up-to-date
- Communicate regularly with peers and management regarding security status and implementation schedules
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 11 years related experience
- Must be fluent with the administration and troubleshooting of Linux systems
- Familiar with modern cloud management e.g. AWSor other cloud provider tools
- Automation experience in scripting languages. Bash, Ruby, PERL or PowerShell
- Solid background in both Network and Systems security.
- Experience required with: firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, load balancing products, security monitoring products, Windows, Linux, Java, OS/web server hardening, writing security policies and network/systems forensics.
- Must have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take on an issue and see it through until completely resolved
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Great attitude, character, integrity, "can do" attitude. Fosters positive team relationships through trust and flexibility
About Comcast Technology Solutions:
Comcast Technology Solutions is the leading provider of online video publishing and management solutions. Media companies rely on our cloud-based video platform as their open, central hub for managing, monetizing, and syndicating billions of internet video views each year. Comcast Technology Solutions services provide unmatched versatility for designing and supporting streaming video businesses on PCs, mobile devices, and TV. Some of our customers include SyFy, Fox Sports Network, NBC Sports, National Geographic, Comcast, British Telecom, Travel Channel, and more.
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best online video publishing and management solutions in the industry.
We are a team of incredibly bright and driven people, who also believe in having fun. We enjoy a dynamic and flexible work environment, and hope you will consider joining us.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer