Comcast Director, Project Management - Greater Chicago Region in Schaumburg, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Lead a team of high performing Regional Project Managers supporting deployment, and delivery of world class products and services across Greater Chicago Region. Responsible for leading, and developing the strategic planning involved with important large scale business projects & process improvement through concept, trial and launch. Partners with local, division, and national leadership to determine the priorities that best align to the business needs. Develops and recommends plans for implementation and administration of programs as well as associated process development/improvement. Oversees coordination of Regional as well as Division and National personnel required to successfully complete assignments. Drives all aspects of the programs and project set to completion on time and within budget. Responsibilities include managing trials and testing current and emerging technologies and ensuring all cross functional teams are best positioned to support current and future products along with best in class employee and customer experience.
- Researches, designs, and develops corporate, division, and/or region level projects that deliver cost-effective services to support the Company's business objectives.
- Leads projects of major importance to overall business operations. Works with various senior managers and leaders to lay out project implementation guidelines and plan for manpower and/or other resource requirements.
- Evaluates outside service providers or contractors; provides direction in the development of tailored services; negotiates contract terms and conditions.
- Assists with staffing requirements relating to corporate projects. Conducts interviews, hires, and trains new employees for specific project assignments.
- Reviews current operating and future project plans and policies in the planning for overall business related programs.
- Monitors and assesses potential collisions between all project elements and recommends and or implements remediation plans to address conflicts.
- Reviews success/failure of completed projects. Recommends alternatives or adjustments to correct problems or solidify successes in the perspective of current and proposed operating strategies.
- Communicates status, updates, changes, collisions, and other aspects of the overall program to Regional personnel and key stakeholders at Division and National.
- Drive cross-functional business improvement strategies to deliver operational efficiencies and positive employee and customer experience.
- Responsible for project intake process and manages workload and MPJ for the team.
- Holds direct reports and project teams accountable for project success, including but not limited to timely completion, and execution excellence.
- Accountable for the end-to-end delivery of portfolio of projects.
- Creates and manages budget and financial targets (if needed) for portfolio(s).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Personal Traits and Attributes:
- Lead by example
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success implementing strategies that resulted in enterprise growth
- Executive presence & emotional intelligence
- A collaborative leader who thrives on taking a team approach to achieve success & problem solving
- Proven ability to hold teams accountable and deliver results through strong execution
- Highly analytical with financial & business acumen
- Engaging with the ability to communicate and influence cross-functionally and at all levels
- Entrepreneurial in nature, but capable of effectively driving progress in a large organization
- Leader with significant capacity to effectively command the status of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations or Equivalent
- Generally requires 10 years related experience. Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing people within a decentralized (matrixed) organization preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer