Comcast Sr. Manager, Software Development & Engineering in Reston, Virginia
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We are looking for an energetic leader to lead a team of talented software developers within the Video organization. This development team focuses on creating applications within the Video On Demand (VOD) and Linear TV (normal TV) space. These applications are scale across the country and interact with millions of customers every day. You will lead a team of talented Go developers and interact with various groups across Comcast as the applications transform from initial concept to production deployment. If you enjoy leading a highly technical team and are genuinely excited by innovating in a complex, fast-paced environment, this position is for you!
- Recruit, retain, and develop the best development talent possible.
- Invest in each team member through coaching, training, and delegation.
- Proactively and transparently manage the teams work and deliverables.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team is required.
- Software Development background with large distributed applications highly desirable.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables along with managing and forecasting resource needs to meet project objectives.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the design and prototyping process, including team practices, procedures, and software development and operations techniques.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Work with your peers to help transform the organization and affect culture.
- Build collaboration across departments in addition to team collaboration.
- Have the courage to take a stand on important topics.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level:-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:-Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field
Years Experience:-Generally requires 8-10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer