Comcast Big Data Analyst in Reston, Virginia
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for defining business intelligence requirements for
individual subject areas; develops conceptual data models, design,
build, and test sets of reporting and analytic business intelligence
programs. Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable
recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data
sources and confidently delivers their interpretation; makes
recommendations to executives. Works with moderate guidance in own area
- Plans and executes multiple projects involving all aspects of business
intelligence solutions and data, including business intelligence
analysis and data exploitation.
- Takes business intelligence to the next level to support business
decisions and recommend best practices and policy in business
intelligence implementation, maintenance, and data quality.
- Contributes to a variety of projects related to development, testing,
and implementation of new and modified business intelligence systems in
an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Leads analysis and recommendations relating to organization’s
optimization and testing efforts.
- Customizes business intelligence report contents and views using
Excel, Access, and other tools to meet the requirements of internal
- Works with team and customers to define business requirements, resolve
technical issues, and provide training.
- Works cross-functionally to implement key projects. Interfaces with
other departments to leverage data for their respective business needs.
- Tracks web site usage using Omniture and other web tracking tools.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer