Comcast Technical Project Mgr 4, Project Mgmt in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for managing complex projects through entire project lifecycle (inception, elaboration, grooming, development, acceptance test, trial, and deployment) within an Agile environment. Serves as Scrum Master for 2 or more development teams. Act as a liaison with appropriate company personnel and vendors to ensure project compliance to standards, coordinates multiple complex high priority tasks. Assure feature, functionality, acceptance criteria and
performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate, and monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and performance to assure quality and on time delivery. Ensure milestone dates are met. Monitor risks during various stages of the project and escalate issues to the appropriate level of management. Maintain project status reports on projects. Estimate and manage team capacity.
- Coach individuals in agile processes and tools
- Provide status reporting on project key performance indicators (KPIs), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery
- Develops the program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise-wide, high-level project plans
- Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business
- Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices, ensuring the correct use of Scrum process
- Communicates with IT leadership, business leadership, and IT Business Consultants to communicate program strategy, direction, and changes
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolio on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business requirements
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to IT leadership
- Partners with senior leadership members from the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules, identify delivery risks, and obtain/drive mitigation strategies and solutions
- Coordinate across multiple engineering/development teams as needed
- Serve as a conduit between deployment and engineering to ensure requirements and design considerations are incorporated to improve deployment and sustainability of software and services
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools to develop enterprise-class applications
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills conducive to team development; able to work well in cross-functional teams
- Good presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical
- Scrum Master certification (CSP/PSM) strongly preferred
- PMP desired
- Generally requires 7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer