Comcast Supervisor, Customer Reporting - Technical Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Customer Reporting Group is responsible for developing reports, metrics, and dashboards out of the National Data Warehouse in support of multiple business units and delivery organizations. The resource will supervise technical resources within the Customer Reporting Team. This resource will serve as a technical resource for audit and assurance activities. This resource will identify data issues and business trends through the use of data analytics. This resource will also provide UAT for technical development related to the NDW and support monthly audit tasks.
Ensure the successful design and development of Customer Reporting projects in the National Data Warehouse
Design Prototype logic (if required) while the project is under development in order to accommodate interim reporting until the project is successfully deployed in production
Develop Business Requirements for CET (Comcast Enterprise Technology)
Meet with business owners/stake-holders as necessary if outside of Customer Reporting
- Assist our CET partners in Data Lineage and Data Modeling
- Function as the primary liaison between the CET and Customer Reporting team throughout the project life-cycle
- Collaborate with the Customer Reporting-Operations team in configuration changes required for automated reporting from the NDW into Essbase
- Collaborate with the Customer Reporting-Visualization and Data Quality team to set up front end reporting and Data Quality checks
Perform detailed User Acceptance Testing of CET development for Customer Reporting in the National Data Warehouse
Compare UAT results against prototype logic to ensure seamless transition
- Apply business knowledge to UAT results to assess whether results are reasonable/expected
- Oversee Technical Analyst UAT
- Communicate all findings to Customer Reporting Management and CET partners and act as the primary liaison in the remedy of any reconciling items
- Provide UAT sign-offs to our CET Partners
Reporting Request Management
Intake all adhoc/new reporting requests from business partners
- Assign the development to Technical team analysts
- Validate reporting prior to dissemination
Execute monthly FP&A analytics on Customer Reporting metrics
Function as the primary liaison between Customer Reporting and the FP&A group
- Investigate and compile analytics and commentary around reporting outliers
- Perform YoY and Forecast/Budget/Actual analysis
Create blog posts related to the Technical side of Customer Reporting
- DIY queries
- Commonly asked questions
- Respond to all questions (technical reporting related) submitted through the blog in a timely manner
Strategic Thinker and Innovator
Can translate business goals into a technical project lifecycle
- Creates an environment where new un-conventional approaches are welcomed and successfully applied to existing challenges
Effective Team Leader
Understands the Customer Reporting team includes our Business Partners and our common goal for timely and accurate reporting of our Customers and their activities
- Provides a vision for technical analysts and coaches to ensure team stays on task, delivering high quality products on time
Communicator and Marketer
Can persuasively articulate the business case for an action and how it drives at a specific achievable outcome
- Exhibits subject matter expertise on Customer Reporting modules in the National Data Warehouse
- Ability to design and disseminate communication about Customer Reporting and our projects, launches and execution plans
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining internal controls to safeguard Company assets.
- Establishes, monitors, and reports on capital and operating expenditures.
- Assists in selecting, training, directing, and motivating department personnel.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Technical Competencies:
- Expert understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL, TSQL, PSQL),
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, and industry reporting tools
Required Technical Tools: Teradata SQL Assistant, Tableau, Microsoft Suite Especially Excel and Visio
Beneficial Technical Tools: Python
Education Level - Bachelor's Degree, Master's degree preferred
Years of Experience - Generally requires 3-5 years of related work experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer