Comcast Sr Director, Internal Communications, CX in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
At Comcast, we're committed to delivering amazing products and a customer experience that people love and trust; and our employees are pivotal to our success. As we seek to always exceed the expectations of our customers, we're more focused than ever on engaging and equipping our employees with the right information, tools and resources to do so.
In support of these efforts, we are seeking a Director of Internal Communications to join our team an individual who shares our company's passion for innovation and for delivering a great customer experience. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing Employee Communications and Engagement activities in support of strategic business priorities, specifically initiatives that further our customer experience transformation. The Director of Internal Communications will partner with Senior Executives and Leaders, as well as Communicators company-wide, to drive and integrate communications strategies across the business. He/she will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will lead teams or projects, leveraging communications expertise-or be part of cross-functional teams established to implement major, new initiatives.
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects related to the company's customer experience transformation.
- Acts as key liaison to Senior Executives and Leaders at both Corporate Headquarters and within the Field Organization to ensure awareness and understanding of employee-facing communications strategies, plans, tools and resources, etc.
- Partners with HR, Division, Region, Business Unit and Functional Communicators to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees.
- Oversees ongoing communications that support programmatic initiatives driving change within the organization, such as the Net Promoter System and our digital adoption efforts.
- Drafts internal announcements and content specific to customer experience initiatives and progress; writes effectively and with appropriate tone for internal audiences.
- Project manages and executes employee events and activities specific to customer experience initiatives.
- Strengthens and develops new strategies for the use of data and analytics to assess the effectiveness of our customer experience communications and employee engagement efforts. Utilizes results to refine and improve ongoing tactics and/or to identify opportunities to implement new communications methodologies.
- Responsible for the management of one direct report.
- Provides guidance and leadership within teams or projects/initiatives; Leads teams and projects that involve cross-functional partners as necessary.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as social forums and platforms.
- Generally requires 14 years related experience with a background in Internal Communications or Public Relations preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred.
- Experience with Net Promoter System (NPS) communications.
- Experience in or with change management initiatives.
- Social strategy and graphic design experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to write quickly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer