Comcast SQL Developer & Analyst in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The SQL Developer & Analyst will be responsible for developing new processes and procedures for the aggregation and delivery of data as identified by requesting users. The individual will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new data sets as well as document all development activity. The successful candidate will possess experience, knowledge and skills in his/her own discipline.
- Interacts with customers to quantify requirements and LOE
- Conducts analysis to determine integration needs
- Develops new ETL processes to integrate external data sources into our internal architecture as needed
- Designs new datasets, views and/or cubes as needed in support of reporting asks
- Maintains documentation and technical requirements, including database/table designs, evaluation plans, test results and formal recommendations and reports
- Develops preliminary Tableau dashboards and works with Visualization team as required to deliver final output.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 1-3 years related experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in SQL Server Development (including SSIS) preferred
- Experience in SSAS preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in Tableau development
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer