Comcast Senior Manager, eCommerce in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Corporation is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, as well as to businesses. NBCUniversal operates 30 news and entertainment cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks & Resorts. Comcast NBCUniversal is a top ten U.S. web property, with approximately 140 million unique visitors across the brands per month.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of eCommerce to manage the chat & telesales channels in support of digital sales for xfinity.com. Initial focus on telesales and proactive online chat, vendor management including but not limited to managing incremental connect impact, call center service levels & incentives and coordinating across several teams to ensure a seamless customer experience. This individual contributor will collaborate and work across the organization (DCOE partners, Division leadership, legal, finance, Product and design teams as needed) with a primary focus on division & 3rd party vendor management. In a matrixed environment through influence and personal leadership, building consensus and buy-in on deliverables and overall plan to drive sales. This role will support the VP, e-commerce as well as the residential merchandising & ecommerce Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
-Overall responsibility for phone and chat sales for the DCOE. This includes vendor management, customer experience, problem/issue resolution, sales process and ultimately the end results. Potential to expand scope further as new technologies & capabilities emerge.
-Provides 3rd party vendor partners with forecasts of volumes and explains upcoming new promotions, changes in policies, etc.
-Ownership of optimization of results and customer experience. As needed, lead test & learn executed in phone/chat in coordination with testing team.
-Works with division partners as DCOE lead for digital phone activity & forecasting
-Develops sale incentives and agent performance pushes as needed to hit business objectives. Ensures quality procedures and policies are followed
-Forecasts phone & chat volumes to partners based on based performance & current pacing with new promotions/tactics accounted for
-Relationship management of 3rd parties including SOW & PO management
-Partners with Analytics and Insights team to develop new dashboards and reporting insights to drive better understanding of the underlying business performance. Staying close to the data, numbers and performance is critical to success.
-Leads identification of new sales opportunities to drive sales conversion
-Oversees the communication of sales activities to key stakeholders on the sales performance relative to YOY and vs budget trends. Supports senior leadership communications
-Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
-Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Travel expected.
-Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven experience in chat & telesales as a part of an eCommerce experience.
- Self Starter with ability to manage independently as if it were their own business
- Experience in subscription marketing or cable/telecommunications.
- Strong experience with vendor management and forecasting
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills with proven problem-solving and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Expected to know the numbers.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience interacting with all levels from agent to management.
- Strong attention to details coupled with the ability to aggressively manage deadlines and goals.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many tasks at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
Education Level - Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Years of Experience- Generally requires 10 years of related experience.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization. Set priorities, develop a work schedule, progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess potential risks, define magnitude and appropriate mitigation plan including appropriate communication to key stakeholders.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer