Comcast Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
With ""2M customers and $5B in annual revenue, Comcast Business is one of the largest and fastest growing departments within Comcast. The Business Data & Intelligence team (BDI) is tasked with meeting the reporting and data needs of Comcast Business. This includes working with multiple organizations like Customer Operations, Retention, Marketing, Finance and Sales to provide data, reporting, research and analysis to help drive the business and maximize performance.
This Senior Analyst position will be responsible for building and operating reports to meet the needs of these organizations. Day to day activities will include report development and operation and working with end users to validate data and gather requirements as well as researching issues/anomalies with data, systems and processes. This individual will be part of a larger Business Intelligence organization that includes developers, project managers and other analysts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Build and execute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports. Ensure reports meet business needs
- Deliver reports to management in Corporate and the field. Be able to speak to the data, metrics and calculations. Be able to identify potential issues and make recommendations based on the data.
- Assists management in identifying and delivering on new reporting capabilities. Able to take reporting asks from idea to implementation.
- Utilize spreadsheets, databases, and SQL, Tableau, and other reporting software to design and generate reports as requested. Develops distribution protocol for requested information.
- Ability to work with end users to understand data, systems and processes. Ability to turn these interactions into actionable requirements.
- Represent Comcast in a professional and positive manner in all situations.
- Communicates effectively with individuals and teams in the Comcast Business organization to ensure high quality and timely completion of projects. Builds relationship with management to ensure reporting needs are being met.
- Provide in-depth analysis of operational data to perform root cause analysis, improve efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction. Surfaces recurring problems with work processes, policies, or procedures. Suggests ways to resolve problems to serve customers better and/or to improve productivity
- Other duties as assigned.
Intermediate SQL knowledge understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL, TSQL, PSQL), fundamentals of data warehousing, fundamentals of data modeling, and industry reporting tools
Expert knowledge of Excel and Tableau
Working knowledge of data warehousing, data modeling and ETL preferred. Familiarity with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) preferred
- Basic Powerpoint skills and ability to use MS Office
Ability to understand, manage, and navigate large data sets
Ability to understand high-level architecture and data flow patterns
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- A high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving is required
- Experience in telecommunications, internet, ecommerce, or media, preferred
- Experience with BSS/OSS preferred
- Experience sharing insights and recommendations to audiences with varying levels of analytic understanding
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Team player with a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- Must be outgoing and assertive
Preferred Educational Level:
- BS / BA degree in Finance, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field.
Years of Experience:
- 5-7 years working experience in an analyst role. Including direct, personal experience working with data and reporting.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer