Comcast Project Manager, Comcast Premise Equipment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The CPE (Comcast Premise Equipment) Project Manager 1 supports devices and their services on the X1 Platform. This role is responsible for the day-to-day facilitation and planning of new feature integration and driving DEV team sprints on the X1 Platform, in partnership with the product owners and with the guidance of senior project managers. The PM1 is responsible for each phase of feature implementation & defect resolution including initial SW planning, integration, trials, and eventual field deployment within extremely aggressive timeframes. Additional responsibilities as follows:
- The PM will continuously support the DEV team by driving new features and functionality as well as SW fixes to the field.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting on all DEV and Trial activities to stakeholders is a large part of this role.
- This extremely fast paced and challenging role requires a team member that is driven, well versed in managing software programs, has a proven record of successfully managing multiple projects concurrently, and has been responsible for project communications with senior leadership.
- In addition to the management of various SW feature projects, the Project Manager is responsible for scheduling demos with executive leadership, maintaining Confluence project pages, crafting technical release notes, and facilitating deep dive & Triage sessions.
- The PM acts as a buffer between stakeholders and the DEV team to allow work efforts to continue, while keeping stakeholders informed of progress towards milestones.
- Additional responsibilities include business operations support for the project management organization. This requires liaison efforts with finance for PRs, SOWs, and monthly financial reporting. It also includes event support, facility interfacing, organizational support to keep distributions and org charts current, and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing complex consumer-facing projects and cross-functional teams
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones and acts as a guide for the core program team from initiation through execution and completion.
- Works to identify and obtain participation from required cross-functional core team members, including matrixed project managers, with guidance from Strategic Business Initiative or senior staff.
- Creates program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path.
- Assists in the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, and success criteria for the program. Ensures proper documentation.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting exercise.
- Identifies and analyzes risks and issues.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details included in the program plan. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Manages proposed changes to program parameters and works with Enterprise Program management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communication.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Works with core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies, and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Key Tools: JIRA, Confluence, PPT, Word, PDF, Excel, Visio
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer