Comcast Program Manager, L&D - Retail Sales in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Retail Program Manager, Learning and Development, is responsible for managing the instructional design strategy and execution of content/programs for Comcast Retail employees. Critical to this role is managing the instructional integrity of curriculum across all Retail programs to ensure quality and effective training. This position will work in collaboration with fellow CU Program Managers, subject matter experts, and business clients to design, develop, and implement a blend of strategic learning programs for a variety of subject areas, including, but not limited to: Retail Operations, Sales effectiveness and Field Operations. These programs are developed and delivered in both instructor-led, self-directed and virtual learning formats. This individual is responsible for engaging in the full instructional design and development cycle, and uses and recommends technology-based tools to improve the instructional integrity of training materials and be responsible for delivery (facilitation) of train-the-trainer sessions.
MAJOR DUTIES: (May perform any or all of the following duties.)
Manage overall instructional design responsibility of core Retail programs and materials/curriculum to ensure business needs are accurately identified and met in the following areas:
b. Product expertise
c. Retail Operations and customer experience
d. Employee experience
- Collaborate with University staff, senior sales and customer care operations management and other departments regarding training needs, curriculum design, development and delivery in order to create relevant solutions for business units. developing high-quality, cost-effective training programs
- Conduct training needs analysis.
- Design, develop and implement learning strategies that supports large scope blended solutions as well as single business events
- Continuously update and enhance existing programs taking into account new delivery methods and solutions.
- Create sound maintenance plans to keep programs current with changing business needs, digital-first technology and company strategy.
- Continually improve a systematic instructional design model to optimize capability to develop courses that may include a wide variety of media.
- Manage project timelines and coordinate with others to meet project deliverables
- Insure program supports business objectives and goals for the Sales/Retail College
- Facilitation of train-the-trainer sessions
- Manage in-house resources (SMEs) and outside consultants to produce innovative learning solutions
- Develop (and oversee) all components of respective training program(s), including: learning objectives, performance objectives, participant materials, facilitator materials, videos, job aids and assessments.
- Ensure learning modules and components are incorporated into the New Hire Program in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of respective training program(s) through operational metrics.
- Analyze and manage strategies to maximize learner performance.
- Effectively manage assigned projects within project requirements, quality, timelines, and budget.
- Prepare, update, and present training programs and seminars, as required.
- Travel, as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of four years of experience in retail and sales environment
- Experience in Instructional Design, preferably in a Retail or sales training setting
- Knowledge of sales methodology, sales intelligence, Omni-channel sales and service, social selling strategy
- Proficiency with graphic design and multi-media tools such as: Articulate, Captivate, Photoshop and/or other eLearning development tools
- Knowledge within Learning Management Systems, Online Learning, Adobe Suite, and preferably audio/video exposure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven expertise with large-scale organizational learning initiatives
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships in a matrixed organization
- Master's Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or related discipline preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer