Comcast Partner Sales Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies for marketing and selling Comcast Business Class products and services through indirect sales channels. Drive revenue and ensure the Partners are positioning Comcast Business Class solutions to their end-users. This job is an individual contributor role that does not have direct responsibility for supervision or performance
- Drives incremental monthly sales to meet or exceed budget objectives with partners in a given market or region who are sub agents of a master agent or direct agents/partners.
- Recruit, train and support the partner community to position the entire suite of Comcast Business Class solutions.
- Serves as liaison to channel partners with regards to any sales related issues.
- Recruit new direct partners and master sub partners.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel via Sales Force.com.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 5 years of related experience with 1-3 years of experience managing indirect sales relationships.
- Generally requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Keen knowledge of the telecommunications industry and I/P packet-switched technology
- Understanding of data, voice and video applications and Integrated Access Devices
- Understanding of WAN, CPE and LAN architecture and topology.
- Understanding of the OSI mode l with emphasis on layer 2 and 3 technology and construction necessary for diverse builds
- Ability to build effective internal relationships with regional resources in order to support the partners
- Strong knowledge of computers and the Internet (browsing, email, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possess Technical Skills related to Commercial Applications (routers and Networking desired
- Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly (flexible with hours and duties).
- Ability to quickly make decisions independently.
- Minimum National and Regional travel required.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer